I did it again!
I am sooooooo excited ... I placed my order yesterday to order a new airbrush system! Hopefully I will receive my order soon from Amazon!
I decided to spend the money and upgrade from my Dinair airbrush system (which I love by the way) to the Iwata-Medea Studio Series Ninja Jet Single Piston Air Compressor with the Iwata-Medea High Performance Plus C Dual Action / Large Gravity Feed Cup.
I love my Dinair air airbrush system, and I have used it quite a lot. I did brides, fantasy makeup, stencils, I trained my students on it, but it is time now to upgrade. I feel like I outgrew it, and I have sooooo many new creative ideas that I can't wait to do and take photos for you! I know, I have been away for a while now, but my little baby girly just can't seem to have enough of me;)
BUT I wanted a dual action gun for more precision and better control to do eyeshadow and detailed fantasy makeup work. I wanted something that is more durable, has more power, and is more professional.
Iwata is one, if not the biggest brands when it comes to airbrushing. Not only makeup artists, but all kinds of airbrus artists use it. A lot of artist use it to do models, cars, paintings and so on....just check out youtube.
I also ordered a bunch of stencils. Some are from Zazzo stencils and are FX makeup stencils, the others are from the Martha Stewart collection. Those are available at most hobby/craft stores. (Michael's Craft Store has a bunch of stencils). I will share some pix once I received them and tried them:)...huuuuuuu can't wait!!!
Here are some specs:
Iwata-Medea Studio Series Ninja Jet Single Piston Air Compressor:
- Dual-purpose, cutaway and pre-set handle for easy clean up and precise control of paint flow
- Larger threads on the nozzle offer a more secure fit and better centering of the nozzle
- Single-piece auxiliary lever/needle-chucking guide provides easy assembly
- Its larger 1/3 oz (9 ml) gravity-feed cup and larger (0.3-mm) needle/nozzle configuration allow for use with most media. Hairline to 1" (25-mm) Round Spray Pattern
- The gravity-feed cup is useful for mixing custom colors and allows for quick color changes
Here are the beauties:)